As a young child my world was not full of sunshine and lollipops, but then again there were moments of good times!
I had a real strange (lets call her foster mom,even though she was my aunt), and her teachings for me were as follows:
- I was never going to be anything in life cause I was no good,
- I would end up in jail for the rest of my days .
- She would even to go as far as saying no one would ever love me.
Upon hearing these things on a daily basis I began to think that way!
I believed that I didn’t matter and I was mad at the world for giving me life.
Somewhere along the line in my life came a great escape from that world and that way of thinking , and I knew that I was not that person that I was told I was going to turn into.
In that moment I knew that my life was not made up by another person nor was I not
in control of my own destiny!
- So Yes I am a somebody ,I am a caretaker that takes care of the first one ,
- I have never been in jail other than just a quick visit ” kids will be kids”,and last but not least,
- love was easy to find it was just trying to figure out if love was sex or sex was love and this sad to say because by the time I got it the page had turned but I did find it and it’s something great.
So I win!
At times I giggle, even for a bad teacher my foster mom did help me turn into a good person, and for that I give her respect, but I don’t give her respect for anything else.
“Wandering Eagle” (Dean)