What is a friend?
This seems to have become an issue that many people today are struggling with!
There are many types of friends in this world, and there are also many people that we encounter in our lives to learn life lessons from.
What is is that makes a friend a friend?
- You decide what it means to you,
- What qualities you wish to have in a friend
- What role they will fill in your life
- What behaviors you have that are like theirs and what you can learn from these behaviors
- How long you will keep these people in your life
- Whether or not they are long term or short term
- Will it be an equal friendship or a friendship of using another person for self gain, Mentally, Physically, Emotionally or Spiritually
- Will your friendship be one of acceptance, forgiveness, trust, non-judgment and love
- Do you choose to be supportive, honest, caring and open with this person
- Will it be a relationship of equality and balance, Mentally, Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually
- Are you willing to listen, learn and be open enough to know that you are not perfect, nor is the other person or
- is this a person that you have encountered in your life that you wish to have as acquaintance only!
Friendship for me is a whole lot of work, especially with myself…….
I need to have all of the qualities that I wish to have in a friend in myself and that for me is a continuing process that requires my personal attention, self awareness and love.
What is friendship to you?
Peace, love, light and blessings!