15 Reminders from the Elders:
1. Get up with the sun to pray. Pray alone.
2. Be tolerant of those who have lost their way. Ignorance, presumption, anger, jealousy and greed come from a lost soul. Pray for them to find guidance.
3. Find yourself, by your own means. Do not let others make your path for you. It is your path, and only yours. Others may walk with you, but no one can make your way (or walk your path) for you.
4. Treat guests in your home with great consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours, whether from a person, a community, from the jungle or from a culture. It was not given or won. It is not yours.
6. Respect all the things that are on this earth, be they people, plants and animals.
7. Honor the thoughts, desires and words of all people. Never break them in, or make fun of them, or imitate them rudely. It gives each person the right to their personal expression.
8. Never talk about others in a bad way. The negative energy you put into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
9. All people make mistakes. And all the mistakes can be forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness to the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
11. Nature is not FOR us. It is PART of us. She’s part of your family in the world.
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Sow love in your hearts and water them with wisdom and life lessons. When they grow up, just give them space to grow up.
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of their suffering will return to you.
14. Be true (transparent ) all the time. Honesty is the test of one’s will in this universe.
15. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental person, your Spiritual person, your Emotional person, and your Physical person: they all have the need to be strong, pure and healthy
Shared by “Maggie”