– Grandparents who don’t spoil their grandchildren, because honestly who are the grandparents who want spoiled grandchildren? But give them a serene lap and a tight hug when they skin a knee or hurt their heart.
– Grandparents who know how to be the safe rear, without turning the lights of the spotlight on themselves.
– Grandparents to whom wisdom taught to distinguish the essentials from accessory.
– Grandparents who play without caring about their dirty laundry because we are tired of knowing that the hard stains are the ones that the lack of care for others leaves us in the soul.
– Grandparents who tell stories and don’t let the past forget, certain that they are the living memory in which grandchildren should cast their roots, so they don’t give in to the first storm.
These grandparents are us!”
– Isabel Stilwell
Shared by “Lisa”